The fuzz doesn't fuzz...or do anything really!

The fuzz doesn't fuzz...or do anything really!

Roger86
Hi you all trying to build up my first pedal, a muff fuzz replica actually, following up the schematic you'll find in the attachements. Problem is...it doesn't really work at all. I arranged the circuit on a breadboard but all i can hear from it is a tremendous issing. I noticed that after the C3 capacitor (100nF) that feeds the volume pot the signal gets completely shut off. Tried also to increase R5 (10Kohm to 68Kohm) thinking it might wouldn't feed the transistor properly. Does anybody have some advice?Thanks in advance

Re: The fuzz doesn't fuzz...or do anything really!

induction
Can you post a photo of your breadboard?

Re: The fuzz doesn't fuzz...or do anything really!

Roger86
This post was updated on .
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: The fuzz doesn't fuzz...or do anything really!

induction
From what I can see in the photo:
- Q1 emitter is not grounded
- The 100k resistors to ground and to Q2 emitter are connected to Q1 collector instead of Q1 base.

Re: The fuzz doesn't fuzz...or do anything really!

Roger86
Sorry man posted the wrong pic!here is the one. Still i was missing the ground on Q1 collector. I'll try it out!

Re: The fuzz doesn't fuzz...or do anything really!

The comment was regarding Q1 emitter

In the pic you’re using the power rails on both sides of the board but there is nothing connecting them together that we can see