The letter after a transistor code

beardy80
What difference does the letter make after a transistors code? For instance, 2N5089 and 2N5089G or 2N5088 and 2N5088G. I've noticed a slight variation in Voltage but other than that nothing else.
Are they interchangeable? Is there any (audible?) difference?
Cheers Guys!

Re: The letter after a transistor code

I wouldn't worry too much about it.  I haven't seen suffixes used in the past to denote differences in gain with BJTs, or something else tangible that might make us consider different options for our uses.  More often than not it signifies the form the transistors are supplied in, such as individually separated and boxes, supplied on tape or reel etc.

Re: The letter after a transistor code

beardy80
That's good to hear, I was worrying that I had to order some without the G from mouser when I can get the 2N5089G fairly easily

Re: The letter after a transistor code

toddvirgil
Great question Beardy! I'm always nervous that I got the wrong part when I see that letter at the end. Thanks for the info Mark.