Tone Pot for DBD?

Kinski
Hi, I'd like to replace the 15nf cap with a tone pot. Blending two caps together. How would I wire this up?

Re: Tone Pot for DBD?

you can add an extra row so you can add the cap. i think you want to have both caps going to ground on one leg, the other leg goes to either lug 1 or lug 3, and lug 2 between repeat 1 and repeat 2. you could also build the Earthquaker Disaster Transport Jr. i posted on the main page. it's essentially a DBD with a tone control.

Re: Tone Pot for DBD?

Kinski
Thanks. Yeah, I would have built the transport but I already made the stock DBD board. So I’m just trying to make that work. Making it for a friend upon request.

I was thinking that lug 1 ad 3 both have a cap connected. Other leg of both caps go to ground. Lug 2 connects between repeat 1 and 2.

On Wed, Jan 10, 2018 at 12:30 PM, rocket88 [via Guitar FX Layouts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
you can add an extra row so you can add the cap. i think you want to have both caps going to ground on one leg, the other leg goes to either lug 1 or lug 3, and lug 2 between repeat 1 and repeat 2. you could also build the Earthquaker Disaster Transport Jr. i posted on the main page. it's essentially a DBD with a tone control.

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Tone-Pot-for-DBD-tp41249p41250.html
To unsubscribe from Tone Pot for DBD?, click here.
NAML

Re: Tone Pot for DBD?

traktop
I´m curious about this.
When I built my DBD I tried a pot between 15n cap and ground, sort of a tone control. I just got the delay saturation and feedback much sooner, but with a different character, what was cool, but nothing remotely like a tone control for the delay network.