Tone control for Vox Repeat Percussion

nonost
Hi guys. I've added a vol pot to my Vox Repeat Percussion replacing the 1M output resistor for a 1M pot. That's the VRP:

https://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/08/vox-repeat-percussion.html

Now I'm thinking about adding a tone control following the SWTC-2, here:

http://www.muzique.com/lab/swtc.htm

What values would you recommend me to start off? Since the vol pot is 1M I think that a 250K pot would be nice for the tone control. But I kind of lost about the resistors and cap values.

Also, I think that I have to remove the output cap of the original design. Am I right?

Any help is welcome, thank you.

Re: Tone control for Vox Repeat Percussion

rockola
There are 2 1M resistors, which one did you replace? The one going to ground?

Re: Tone control for Vox Repeat Percussion

nonost
Ey rockola. Yes, the one going to ground.

Re: Tone control for Vox Repeat Percussion

nonost
After messing around for a while I've decided I'm going to use an on-off-on switch instead of the tone pot and make the trimmer vol pot into an pot outside.

With the depth and vol pot cranked I get near unity and I would like to have a little bit more of boost. Any idea? I've lowered de 3.3k (or 1.5k) without success.

Re: Tone control for Vox Repeat Percussion

nonost
I've noticed that the first half of the depth pot is useless. Would another pot value do the trick?

Re: Tone control for Vox Repeat Percussion

nonost
Making the 1k5 smaller didn't give more output.

I've been experimenting with the 10k from emitter to ground. In my case, it sounds the best without it. You get more output and CHOP without it. I'm building it with the depth pot and end up with a 50k pot. With that value you get almost the same volumen&chop that without any resistor in that position.

You can also add a 10uf capacitor in parallel with the 1k5 resistor. You'll get more volume and treble, and the chop remains the same. Sadly it introduces some noise... :S

Let's dance to Joy Division.