Tonebender MK 3 variants - modding question

Tonebender MK 3 variants - modding question

tracer03
Specifically regarding the Sola Sound Tonebender Mk 3 (layout) and the Park Fuzz 3 Knob (layout)

I'd like to get the 'Treble/Bass' control to have a better sweep: i.e., more bass at the 'Full Treble' position, and *maybe* a little bit more bass at the 'full bass position. However, I'm not sure if it's as simple as upping the value of the input and output caps: for both layouts it appears that the min/max cap values the tone pot sweeps between are the 2.2nf and 100nf. The input cap on all three is 100n, but I don't think that just upping that value would do it alone - I'd have to change the min/max values the tone control sweeps between.

To get more bass at the min/max values of the 'tone' control, would I just alter those values, or would I need to increase the size of the input cap, as well?

Re: Tonebender MK 3 variants - modding question

First cap to change is the 2n2. 4n7-10n is usually great

I also recommend checking out the DAM Fuzz Sound versions those might be what you’re after with no mods

Re: Tonebender MK 3 variants - modding question

tracer03
Travis wrote
First cap to change is the 2n2. 4n7-10n is usually great

I also recommend checking out the DAM Fuzz Sound versions those might be what you’re after with no mods
Thanks - I've built a couple of the DAM Fuzz Sounds (Black on Black most recently) and they do sound fantastic, but they didn't seem like they had as much volume as the MK 3 circuits. Of course I've only built 2 of each, so I don't have extensive empirical evidence...