Too many Milliamps?

M. Spencer
i think I just fried my Tonebender MK II clone. I know using a power supply wih too much voltage will potentially fry a pedal, but what is the threshold for too many Milliamps?

I used a 9v with 1300 mA power supply. And the JEN HF Modulator that shares the dual enclose with the Tonebender is still working fine.

Re: Too many Milliamps?

induction
The current ratings only tell you how much the adapter can supply. Unless they're defective, the circuits will not draw more current than they need.

Is your MkII positive ground?

Re: Too many Milliamps?

M. Spencer
No mine is converted to negative ground.

So your saying that it's unlikely that too many mA is the problem

Re: Too many Milliamps?

induction
Correct.

Re: Too many Milliamps?

M. Spencer
Turns out there's water leaking in to the basement...right above where the ToneBender was sitting. Perhaps THAT could be an issue...