Too much volume

matthassall
Hi, I've built the rev2 version of the klon centaur. Unity gain is 7 o clock and pushing it to noon increases the volume to almost unusable levels. I want to change the pot. The layout has a 10k pot do I go smaller? 5k? 2k? Or bigger, 47k?

Cheers in advance

Re: Too much volume

Zanius
I haven't built a Klon (yet), so I don't know how much output it is supposed to have. Different output levels from build to build are a thing, but if you have tooooo much output, probably some resistor (or something else) is wrong somewhere.
Anyway, you can change to a bigger pot value, or you can put a resistor from the board output to the 3pdt. That way you can easily try some values and see what works for you instead of wiring a new pot and finding out it's not right.

Re: Too much volume

Marbles
I would say there is something wrong too. I have build the Silver version, and while it can be used as a boost, it's not nearly that loud.
Maybe you could post some pics in the debugging thread?

Re: Too much volume

matthassall
Thanks for the replies, maybe I've got a resistor value wrong somewhere, the pedal sounds awesome and I've been gigging it for a year now, just the volume is soooo loud. I'll open it up and double check everything, of not I'll pop a bigger pot on