Modified Dist+? You could try following this schematic with your multimeter and see if they match (or close).
As for removing..undo all nuts on the pots and try heating the board/enclosure with a hair dryer or heat gun. Hold the board at the sides and slowly turn it CW and CCW. Much less stress on the board than trying to peel it away. If it starts to move then it's working. If not then.......
Looking at the board it is probably some sort of modded Distortion + type circuit
Don't try and pull the board out by force. You need to take the knobs off and remove the nuts from the pots. That will free up the PCB which is mounted by the pots. You'll probably want to loosen the jacks too so that the board doesn't snag the wires to the jacks when you lift it
I saw a clearer shot of the resistor values on fxdb too. I can't see many of the cap values though. The tropical fish look like they're all 100n, can't read the axials though. It looks like boost and volume pots are 10K and tone is 100K. Hard to tell though
alright. i've traced it, made a schematic, and a layout. i need some more info though before i post the layout. here's what i need to know:
1 - what's the taper of the pots
2 - what's the cap in series with the diodes
3 - what's the diodes, i'm assuming they're 1N914, but if you can see the number on them that would be awesome
4 - it's hard to make out the resistors 100%, so if you could list the values i can make any changes needed. otherwise it's kind of a crap shoot if they're right.
btw, it's definitely not based on the dist+. the clipping arrangement is similar to a ts, but predates it, which is pretty interesting, and it's really an odd circuit. it seems rare that we come across something unique these days, so i can't wait to build this. so thanks for bring it up and providing the gut shots needed to trace it.
Aww.esome. I'll have the layout up in a few. It's interesting cause I found some clearer photos, which I used to trace it and there are a bunch of values that are different then the ones in this pedal. I really want it to match this one since you say it sounds real good. They may have done what ehx used to do and just use values they had that were close enough.
ok, we're basically good to go. can't make out 2 parts.
1 - the cap that's parallel with the diodes.
2 - whats the 2 resistors on the left side of the board that are in line with the 3 caps. if you don't know what the value is the color code will be fine. i need to verify them, because in all the pics i've found they appear to be the same value, which makes 0 sense since they're in the tonestack.
Hi Zach. I made this schematic a few days ago but was waiting for you to post first. Hope you don't mind my putting it here now. Your layout matches all the way up to the tone pot but differs in the output.
Schematic (hi res here) Now updated to include Zachs component values
Reference pics Comp Side
Trace side (flipped)
Compared to this...Tone 2 goes through a cap to OUT. Your layout currently has it connected to pin 5, and you have a cap connected to pin 6 where there shouldn't. Compare your schematic to mine and let me know what you think.