Tremolo Recommendation

A2Music
My friends,

I'm trying out some tremolo circuits in preparation for a Surf-geared multi-pedal that I'm putting together for a friend's wedding gift. The plan is to put 3 circuits in one big box where each effect is good for a surf-loving guitarist. I've tried built a few of the trems posted here but, so far, no luck. My first attempt at the Heartthrob produced a pedal that passed the signal from one point to another without altering anything but a little drop in volume.

Is there a consensus amongst hobbyists here about the preferred trem circuit in terms of ease of assembly and quality of sound?

Thanks for any feedback!
Alex

Re: Tremolo Recommendation

Stinger25
tremulus lune! hated to wire it but love the sound

Re: Tremolo Recommendation

SmoothAction
I just built the EH Pulsar trem, then threw an LPB1 boost afterwards and it sounds awesome. Its really choppy and fast. I found it a bit too quiet hence the boost stage. It uses all very common parts. Its at tonepad, maybe we can get a vero made.. its really good if you like choppy n' fast. Sounds good slow too.

Re: Tremolo Recommendation

Dave
I've built the Ea trem, coloursound trem and vox repeat percussion, all of which sound great and were easy to do, depends what kind of trem sound you want really. I too am a fan of the pulsar circuit *hint hint Miro and Mark* haha.
Thanks
Dave

Re: Tremolo Recommendation

johnk
catalinbread pareidolia.

Re: Tremolo Recommendation

vick
I am a fan of the vico vibe it sounds great and is an easy build with no hard to find parts or LDR to mess with.

Re: Tremolo Recommendation

vick

Re: Tremolo Recommendation

Jon the Art Guy
I bet the Vicovibe would be a perfect fit for your project, since it's sort of a janky 60's-style effect for a janky 60's style box of surf. Also, being about to build with parts-bin stuff should be nice.

If you're going all out, the Tremulus Lune and Magnus Modulus (on sabrotone) are masterworks.

Re: Tremolo Recommendation

A2Music
Thanks, everyone. That gives me some good stuff to get started. I'll post results.