Triode Emulator Jfet_Overdrive

glasspak73
Can this be done on vero?

Re: Triode Emulator Jfet_Overdrive

doomkraft89
Okey. I have done a layout. But I have no idea about the pinout on the fets or what kind of diodes used.
I have done the layout to fit DSG-fets. One capacitor (C3) is marked 2200. I have done the same in my layout, and don´t know if that means 2u2 film or something, maybe a culprit on 220n..
Stoned to the bone, Swedens legacy.

Re: Triode Emulator Jfet_Overdrive

glasspak73
Thank you very much,I'm not worried about pinout on the fets i have a variety of them.My guess on C3 would be a 2.2Nf.I plan on experimenting with this to get different sounds anyways.

Re: Triode Emulator Jfet_Overdrive

doomkraft89
I think it´s okey. But I will double-check it with fresh eyes later today. skål!

Double-checked! Not verified but I think it´s ok no doubt!
Stoned to the bone, Swedens legacy.

Re: Triode Emulator Jfet_Overdrive

doomkraft89
Okey. Keep me updated! Looks like an interesting circuit..
Have you build the DOD fx70c (corrosion) yet? I´m a bit curious about that one..
Best regards.
Stoned to the bone, Swedens legacy.

Re: Triode Emulator Jfet_Overdrive

Silver Blues
Hey that's interesting. I'm really curious to see how this would sound.

Re: Triode Emulator Jfet_Overdrive

Nice work Doomcraft, a really neat layout.

BTW which one of the Great Northlands are you from?

I'm still working on it.I been overly busy lately.should have it done the next few days hopefully

Ok. Don´t let me put stress on you. just curious! =)
Stoned to the bone, Swedens legacy.

Re: Triode Emulator Jfet_Overdrive

doomkraft89
I´m from Sweden. Cold as ..... this time of the year. ;)
But spring is coming luckily..
Stoned to the bone, Swedens legacy.

Re: Triode Emulator Jfet_Overdrive

Man I was in Sweden once and it was gorgeous, it was summertime when I was there. Hoping to go back one of these days.

Re: Triode Emulator Jfet_Overdrive

I had to ask as we have have quite a few Scandinavians on here, including moderators Freppo from Umea, and Mirosol from somewhere in Finland. Where in Sweden are you?

I'm a hardcore Scandophile myself, travelled all round Sweden, including the far north. The wife and I are hitting Tromso in Norway for a road trip and some midnight sun at the end of May, and hoping to get to Copenhagen and Malmo later in the summer.

Re: Triode Emulator Jfet_Overdrive

I loved Denmark and the Scandinavian countries I've been too so far. One thing I'm jealous of not being in Europe is not being able to visit different countries so easily.

Btw beaker, freppo isn't one of the admins/moderators, although I'm sure he would be a good addition to the team.

Re: Triode Emulator Jfet_Overdrive

Beaker
Cheers Zach, I was sure he was on the team, so thanks for the heads-up.

Re: Triode Emulator Jfet_Overdrive

Re: Triode Emulator Jfet_Overdrive

doomkraft89
Ohh. I´m from Gävle, around 200 kilometers north of Stockholm.
Norway is fantastic! Expensive to live in but what a great country.

induction
I just moved back to the US from Norway (Trondheim), myself. Wonderful city, and yes, expensive as hell.

Re: Triode Emulator Jfet_Overdrive

Silver Blues
Yeah a friend of mine lived in Stavanger for a while, said it was very nice.

Re: Triode Emulator Jfet_Overdrive

I've been through Gavle a couple of times, but not had a look around. My favourite place in Sweden is Mora, or maybe Funasdalen up on the Norwegian border. But then again, I love the North too! Basically anywhere with reindeer on the loose,

Induction, Trondheim is stunning. You are a lucky guy - even if your wallet might disagree.

Re: Triode Emulator Jfet_Overdrive

glasspak73
Hello doomkraft89 i just finished building this last night.this circuit sounds awsome,i had a small oscillation  problem at first but i put a 220pf across line E to B then a 1nf acroos gain pin 1 to pin 3.I'm still working on a better value for the gain cap to see if i can eliminate the squeal without losing to much of the top end.i'll post more results as soon as i get them figured out.