Troubleshooting a DBA Fuzz War

Re: Troubleshooting a DBA Fuzz War

Skajaquada
I have a few mpsa18's, but not enough to fill the circuit...  Honestly, at this point, I think I'm gonna try reducing the voltage to the circuit via a trimmer of some sort.  Seems to me if it works at 1.6V, that's what I'm gonna give it...

Re: Troubleshooting a DBA Fuzz War

Skajaquada
Hey guys. Just thought you'd like to know that after months of troubleshooting and frustration. My Fuzz War works. Probably not the way it's supposed to, but I'm done fighting with it. I ended up using Beavis Audio's "Devolt" schematic in the form of an internal trimmer and adjusted the voltage to the board to around 1.6V. If that's what it wanted, then that's damn well what I'm gonna give it. Anyway, I proceeded to make the enclosure look dumb, and I'm calling it "The Fuzz That Lost The War" from here on in. Thanks to everyone who helped talk me through it. You guys are awesome.
12