True bypass for high gain bleed

Synsound
First my obstical. I built an ugly face and love it but it steels like a stuck pig while on bypas. I religiously use the switch wiring shown in the off board wiring section of this site. It seems that the output of the board is cut/ ditched off which should end any sound from it in the bypassed mode.

My curiosity: (I'm away now but wanted to bounce this of other folks since I can't currently test the idea)

I see that while in bypass the send from the 3pdt to the board is grounded. This leaves the board active and a live output from the board although it is not connected to the 1/4" out. My thought is to reverse the inputs and outputs so that the return from the board is on the center lug (5) and becomes grounded to lug 6 when bypassed. The proposed wiring would be as follows
Lug 1-led cathode
Lug 2,3,6-ground
Lug 4-jumped to lug 9
Lug 5-output from board
Lug 7-input to board
Lug 8-input from 1/4" Jack
Lug 9-output to 1/4" Jack
I don't think there is a down side to this but would like to get a few opinions
Thanx
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: True bypass for high gain bleed

Freppo
I'm too tired right now to try to understand how your wiring idea is connected. :P But this is the bypass wiring I used for my ugly face and it's quiet in bypass.

edit. Should practically be the same as the bypass wiring shown in the offboard guide though.. hmm
Both seem to ground the input of the effect? I will have to have alook tomorrow when I had some sleep :P
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se