U235 Subsoctave Generator

Freppo
This post was updated on .
Hi folks

I recently released a new DIY project - The U235 Suboctave Generator
It's a semi-clean octave down pedal with a couple of special features. :)

It's an original design. Probably the first octave down pedal based an a phase locked loop.

I hope you like it. :)

Here's a verified Vero layout
U235 stripboard layout

Link to full size PNG:
u235vero.png

The 10K resistor with an asterix was made into a 20K trimmer on the final PCB.. So it might be wise to socket it, or maybe wire up a small trimpot offboard (or on a small piece of vero). Another thing to keep in mind when building it is to keep all offboard wiring as short as possible and never run the input/output wires over or under the board if possible. There's alot of square waves going on inside the circuit that can bleed into the clean signalpath. That's why some rows have double cuts (don't skip any cuts).

I boxed up my vero build in a 125B which was a good fit (The PCB fits in a 1590B) with the board laying sideways. :)

Cheers
/ Fredrik, Parasit Studio

www.parasitstudio.se
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: U235 Subsoctave Generator

PMowdes

Great work as always, I might treat myself to a pcb.

Can't wait for your super arcadiator, that thing looks awesome

The Super Arcadiator will only be avaliable as a fully assembled pedal (sorry!). But apart from the switches being replaced with arcade buttons (and some CMOS logic to make that work), there's really no difference compared to the regular Arcadiator. The only new feature I added is the be able to have both lower octaves on at the same time, and that was added now to the standard Arcadiator 3.0 PCB aswell. :)
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: U235 Subsoctave Generator

alltrax74
Man, I just discovered your website and your work, I am very very impressed !
I will certainly order an Into The Unknown kit at Musikding
Thanks for sharing all your hardwork

Re: U235 Subsoctave Generator

Sphere80
Thanks, Fredrik!  I was impressed when i saw the video announcement.  I'll build this one, but I've also ordered a couple PCB's.

Re: U235 Subsoctave Generator

Freppo
Just a heads up that the layout was updated since I posted about it here.
I had forgotten to add the Control Voltage input. Ops.. :)

alltrax74 wrote
an, I just discovered your website and your work, I am very very impressed !
I will certainly order an Into The Unknown kit at Musikding
Thanks for sharing all your hardwork
I'm happy to hear that you have discovered my site
There's alot of fun new projects coming soon.

Sphere80 wrote
Thanks, Fredrik!  I was impressed when i saw the video announcement.  I'll build this one, but I've also ordered a couple PCB's.
Thanks! I'm glad when people buy a PCB or two. I've probably spent a couple of hundred hours on this projects, so I appreciate all the support I can get. :)
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se