Updated Yardbox / ToneBender Mkiii

motterpaul
Here is a fuzz circuit I put together based on a layout started by Travis which made dealing with the Yardbox easier (by putting all the transistor legs in line). I just updated the layout because I realized I had not specified some values.

I wasn't happy with the Yardbox, I didn't feel the tone knob was tuned right, and I felt the GAIN knob was redundant.

So - here is my version - and I am very interested in getting your feedback. I have sold it couple of times to people who love it.

Note: the 220K resistor between pots Tone 2 and Volume 3, which replaces the "Fuzz" pot on the Yardbox. You can try different values and see if you get more or less fuzz.

I used AC125s (Germanium transistors). Ideally the first two (pair) should be matched for both hfe and leakage - lower hfe (under 100) - but with #3 you can go higher HFE, even try one with high leakage. This is where you will find the most variety.

I also added the power inverter so it isn't a non-standard pedal for your board.