Usb pedalboard light

Chris mudd
Hello all,
I am in the middle of trying to design the pedalboard for the guy who has everything. I would like to have lights like the small USB gooseneck lights mounted on my pedalboard because I occasionally play in dark places like a pit for a musical. What I'd like to know is if one of these adapters would work to mount on my pedalboard. I can get 12 volt adapters at any of the thrift stores very cheap.
 Is there any reason I couldn't wire one of these in with a 12 volt adapter on my pedal board?

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1A-2-1A-Charger-Port-Socket-For-Car-Boat-Motorcycle-12-volt-Duel-2-USB-Outlet/32802941754.html

Thanks!

Re: Usb pedalboard light

It seems like you may have pasted the wrong link

I see no reason why a usb light couldn’t be used if you connect it to a USB port with adaquate power.

If you can think of some creative way to mount an LED or something you could maybe use the existing pedal power supply with pedal parts

Maybe LED mounted with solid core wire heat shrinked up and mounted on a 5.5mm plug so you can pop it in a power supply jack or disconnect it

Re: Usb pedalboard light

Chris mudd
Thanks for responding, what I am thinking of using is a jack like the link above in a small pedal enclosure with a power jack on the other end. The light I want to use is a small LED that is on a gooseneck like I see on mixing boards.

I can  see just taking the lid of my pedalboard and plugging in one of these:

https://www.amazon.com/Hanerdun-Bright-Reading-Laptop-Flexible/dp/B00D5NOBZ4

Where I am stuck is finding a surface mount USB jack that fits a small pedal enclosure.

Chris

Re: Usb pedalboard light