Using footswitch instead of SPDT

GhostRider
Hi everyone. I've been lurking around here for awhile and have built some of the effects shown here and I have to say it's a great resource so thank you everyone that contributes.

My question is this - I want to build this:
http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.ca/2013/03/dwarfcraft-devices-robot-devil.html

but instead of the SPDT toggle switch the instructions call for I would prefer to use a footswitch. How would this be done and what would need to change on the diagram. Also, what kind of footswitch would I use in place of the SPDT?

I usually get my switches from here and I don't see a SPDT footswitch.

Re: Using footswitch instead of SPDT

Ciaran Haslett
Just use a DPDT footswitch and use the second pole for an LED indicator.  Wire one side exactly as the diagram shows and wire the other side just as Marks drawing for the LED on the Offboard page

Re: Using footswitch instead of SPDT

GhostRider
Ahh, ok. Is this basically what you are saying?this

Re: Using footswitch instead of SPDT

Ciaran Haslett
Exactly like this...

Re: Using footswitch instead of SPDT

GhostRider
Thank you so much Ciaran.

On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 2:54 PM, Ciaran Haslett [via Guitar FX Layouts] <[hidden email]> wrote:
Exactly like this...

http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Using-footswitch-instead-of-SPDT-tp20152p20157.html
To unsubscribe from Using footswitch instead of SPDT, click here.
NAML

Re: Using footswitch instead of SPDT

Ciaran Haslett
No problem man.

You could take that ground connection to the middle lug instead and not bother jumping the middle and bottom lugs with wire.  I've a thing about unused lugs on switches and pots though

Good luck with the build

Re: Using footswitch instead of SPDT

GhostRider
Noted. Now, in looking at this am I correct in thinking that you could put a different coloured LED on the bottom lug and just ground the middle, to indicate which mode you're in?

It might not be something I would necessarily use in this build, just for future reference.

Re: Using footswitch instead of SPDT

Ciaran Haslett
Yeah no problem.  Just make sure each LED has its own CLR.

Re: Using footswitch instead of SPDT

GhostRider
Excellent. Thank you so much for the help.