VFE Old School Tremolo - Buffer/Envelope Section

MAO

VFE Old School Tremolo - Buffer/Envelope Section

MAO
VFE grounds one side of the LDR output and uses the other side to essentially ground-and-release the Speed or Depth control via an on/off/on switch. Check out the Old School Trem doc for ideas/details.

I've had good success using this with Phasers, Chorus, Flangers and Trems.

The buffered out goes to the effect input.
The two ENV OUT go across the control you want to influence with playing dynamics. (in most cases one ENV OUT is simply grounded, the other ENV OUT goes to the outer (input) lug of the "influenced" control)

1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: VFE Old School Tremolo - Buffer/Envelope Section

GrooveChampion
"Filtered" 9V?
MAO

Re: VFE Old School Tremolo - Buffer/Envelope Section

MAO
Oops, forgot about that.

There is no 9v filtering for the 2n5457. And only 22u for the IC and 2n5088s.

I power this pcb by tapping into the properly "filtered" 9v from the effect's pcb. So the 9v supply feeding this pcb is already filtered.

There may be noise issues if powering this pcb with its own 9v adapter rather than tapping off the 9v from the effect.
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: VFE Old School Tremolo - Buffer/Envelope Section

GrooveChampion
I see, can I have your opinion on something?

I want to simplify the EHX Attack Decay.

I realized I need several building blocks:

A. I need an envelope follower to trigger the volume swell
B. I need the trigger to be delayed and then gated

The signal goes in, triggers then goes out the buffer and into a simplified delay circuit, like a Madbean Cave Dweller. After the delay it goes into the gate to kill the signal after triggering. I am thinking of something like the Hotamp Noise Gate for that. The idea behind the gate is to kill the signal so that the volume swell will re-trigger with every note, really quickly.

Any opinions? Will this work?
MAO

Re: VFE Old School Tremolo - Buffer/Envelope Section

MAO
I'm sorry, I really dont know enough about it to advise.
Maybe someone over at madbean forums can help.
I'll look it over though this weekend and see if I can make sense of that circuit.
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: VFE Old School Tremolo - Buffer/Envelope Section

GrooveChampion
The guy from madbean actually just explained to me more or less how it works, its a tiny bit different....I really need a breadboard for this stuff.

Re: VFE Old School Tremolo - Buffer/Envelope Section

Boba7
Wow this is great, thanks, I was just yesterday having a look at the Old School Tremolo, thinking the envelope section was really nice!

I'm gonna try and build it soon to modulate a PT2399 (I've had no luck with the Clarinot in clean mode, always too noisy for some reason)

Thanks a LOT !