VOLUME PROBLEM WITH NINE VOLT NIRVANA TAPE MEASURE BOOST

VOLUME PROBLEM WITH NINE VOLT NIRVANA TAPE MEASURE BOOST

peter1966
Hi,
I have built NINE VOLT NIRVANA TAPE MEASURE BOOST three  times, very carefully. All the times I've had a very good sound and good boost. I've used 2N5088 and had some distortion too. The problem is that the volume pot is not working. In every possition of the pot the volume is the same. I have measured the pot and it is ok. Do you have any idea about this and how to solve the problem???
Thank you.

Re: VOLUME PROBLEM WITH NINE VOLT NIRVANA TAPE MEASURE BOOST

Post photos

Re: VOLUME PROBLEM WITH NINE VOLT NIRVANA TAPE MEASURE BOOST

peter1966
I'm sending you 2 photos. As you can see I've put a socket to the 1uF capacitor, because I've found a schematic that the (-) near to vol 3. I hope you can understand something. Icould send a video but after resizing the size is still 6MB and it can't be uploaded.2_(640x480).jpg3_(640x480).jpg

Here is part 1 of the video4-part_1.mp4

Re: VOLUME PROBLEM WITH NINE VOLT NIRVANA TAPE MEASURE BOOST

peter1966
And here is part 24-part_2.mp4

Re: VOLUME PROBLEM WITH NINE VOLT NIRVANA TAPE MEASURE BOOST

The output cap is backwards in the layout, the anode should connect to the collector

Does lug 1 of the volume pot show continuity to ground?

Re: VOLUME PROBLEM WITH NINE VOLT NIRVANA TAPE MEASURE BOOST

peter1966
1) I've put the output cap backwards because I saw it in the schematic.  As you can see I have used a socket. I have tried both ways but the result is the same.
2) The base (B) is connected to the collector (C) through a jumper and a 470k resistror (you can not see it in the photo because of the size of the input cap.
3)I have checked the continuity of lug 1 to ground. In fact I have checked all the grounds and every time the result is 0 resistance.
4) I have also changed the pot (A100k). I've measured the pot and it works between 0 and 100k (approximately). I've built it 3 timew and every time I used new components.
5)Finally I've checked for bridges between the rows and everything seems to be ok.

The only thing I've done in a defferent way is the 3pdt switch wiring. I always use the musikding wiring. I've done the same with this pedal.