Vemuram question

Marbles
Hi Guys and Girls,

It's been a while :)

A friend of mine asked me to build the Vemuram Jan Ray and ofcourse I will..

I was just wondering about omitting the switch in the layout:
http://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2013/03/vemuram-jan-ray.html

My thought to omit the switch would be: Extend the board 2 columns on the left and put 2 diodes there that extend from row 1 to 4. And then that's it.

When browsing through the comments, IVIark said:

Oh and I forgot another important step, make a link between the Sw2 and Sw5 points on the board to complete the diode connections

This throws me off a bit. I thought with my initial thought I would not have to do that.

Is that maybe referring to a different way of placing the diodes? Or is what I had in mind just simply a wrong way of doing it?

Hope someone can help me!

Re: Vemuram question

Blackboarcult
By the way it looks to me, either jumper Sw5 and Sw2 (1st switch position, up) OR put two diodes facing opposite sides (2nd switch position, down), not both.

Re: Vemuram question

Marbles
That's what I thought too. I probably misread it then and will continue with my initial thought Thanks!