Vox Repeat Percussion. Led indicator ticking

Vox Repeat Percussion. Led indicator ticking

nonost
Hi! I've successfully built a Vox Repeat Percussion using Mark's layout. It's working great and it's free of hum and ticking. In order to achieve that I've made a cut next to the 33R resistor so I can have a separate ground for both circuit and LFO. The problem comes when you add a led indicator, it ticks. Any trick to get rid of it? Is there any way?

Thanks!

Re: Vox Repeat Percussion. Led indicator ticking

MOPO
hello, i realized the editing (the mod version with a 4.7uf and two 2.2uf) and the addition of the led for the tempo (with a spdt) and I do not have a tick.
I connected the masses on the jack and the dc volt and I did not realize the cut that you indicate.
I use a harley benton junior diet, try to see if that does not come from your diet can be

Hi MOPO, thanks for answering! If you don't have separated grounds for the LFO and circuit I will say that I'm quite surprised you don't get any ticking. The 4.7uf/2.2uf negative led and the 33R ground lug should be separated from the rest of the circuit in order to avoid ticking, that have been said and verified several times. That way you will have no ticking, but in the very moment you add a led indicator you will get some tick. I guess you've added a spdt to switch OFF that led and avoid ticking. Are you free of ticking with the led indicator ON?

Re: Vox Repeat Percussion. Led indicator ticking

MOPO
Maybe I did not understand the problem (I do not speak English I use translators and I'm a little silly too.
Is it the tempo led that brings the tick or the circuit?
On the circuit I actually have a tick but that is that of repetition and perso does not bother me because I do not use this pedal live high volume, against the led it does not bring me ticking I will say that it reduces this famous tick.
I noticed that with the led on, the deph has bottom and the neck pickup coupled to the bridge pickup I have very little ticking (it seems suffocated).
For separate GND I did not understand everything because in the end you have the GND case so everything is finally connected no?

here is what I did, I do not know if it will help you

spdt

pedale

I hope you find a solution