Wah sound without the filtering?

chilidog
I'm trying to find a wah-type effect without all the filtering that I can use with my Hammond organ. The Hammond has tons of bass and tons of treble and everything in between. I have a stock Crybaby and the Madbean Maestro FSH1 and they both have the same problem: they sound great in a specific range but outside of that range they filter out nearly all frequencies. (FSH1 in filter mode, sample and hold works great with all frequencies with no dead spots). The Crybaby sounds great on the mid and up but filters out basically everything below that entirely. The FSH1 can be dialed in to sound great on a small range but everything else is filtered out.

So here's what I'm looking for: an effect which will do the nice sweeping resonant wah sound using treadle, lfo, or envelope, but without filtering out all the other frequencies.

The only possible candidates I see are the Systech Harmonic Energizer and the Frostwave Resonator/Tresonator. I'm not actually sure those don't filter out everything though.

I've tried an Electric Mistress type flanger in the filter matrix mode and that kind of does it, certainly better than the Crybaby or FSH1, but it's still a different animal.

Another alternative I've thought about is a Moog Ladder Filter which at least has several resonant peaks and filter notches that wouldn't kill everything.

So if you have any other ideas, please post them here. Thanks!

Re: Wah sound without the filtering?

What about modifying a wah wah with a clean blend? Or putting a wah in a blend loop?