Wampler Cranked AC - Verified

anders

Re: Wampler Cranked AC

Teddeeh
Verified! Could do with more gain but lovely sound. Dosent have nearly aa much gain as the gearmandude demo but thats a good thing becuase he cranks it and sounds god awful. I might have a go with 5457’s same as the plexidrive to get some more hair in it. Thanks man! Lovely clean layoout too.

Re: Wampler Cranked AC

anders
Right on. Thanks for verifying. Going to build this myself soon and I tend to agree with you on J201 vs 2N5457. I usually go for 2N5457 since J201 is really a hit and miss even if they are real.

Re: Wampler Cranked AC

Hozy31
I used smd J201s in this and its really loud. Set the three drains to 4.5v and sounds pretty huge with tons of gain.
"Red velvet lines the black box"