Wampler Ecstasy 9V on the switch

JamieValentine
Hi all,

I've been gigging a BYO Wampler Ecstasy (built from this site) with no problems but have noticed some noise appearing on my pedal board, and have just discovered just less than 9v between the dc jack ring and say the actual switch (the bit you stand on).

Is this normal? I've since discovered the same on a BYO Wampler Velvet Fuss and Box of Hall, but no others, and just wondered if there's anything I'm missing?

Many thanks chaps

Jamie

Re: Wampler Ecstasy 9V on the switch

PMowdes
Post some pictures please

Most of the pedals on here are +9v and negative gnd.

The pin on your DC jack should be GND and the sleeve +9V.

There is 9v running through the switch with the standard off board wiring (it powers the LED) but you should have 9v on the actual switch button.

Could be a dodgy switch or a short I suppose