Wampler Faux Analog Echo Delay

YerayM
This is another pt2399 delay but the filtering looked interesting in the schematic so I decided to give it a try. This is definetly not a transparent delay, it colors your tone but I think all that filters help to tame the noise on some pt2399 IC's so it could be a good candidate if you happen to have one of those.

All the info and schematic are in freestompboxes.org, traced by Intripped

This is the layout I have built, and is verified. Click on the image for full size.

I went creative with the wiring and added a switch to have tails and other to select temp on or temp off with the momentary footswitch. The layout above don't have this options to keep it stock.

I hope you like this. If anyone want more info on the wiring maybe is better to start another thread.

Re: Wampler Faux Analog Echo Delay

Synsound
This looks great and i hate to ask you to do more work, but i would love to see the wiring layout for the extra switches you added and the daughterboard that I assume is for tails.
I would love to have a go a it especially with the options. Thank you for sharing.
Give a man a match and he'll be warm for a day.
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Re: Wampler Faux Analog Echo Delay

tabbycat
thanks for the layout post, yeraym, looks neat. am certainly tempted. wampler is boss.

am curious about the extra bits you mentioned. is this pretty much the schematic you used for your tails daughterboard? more or less. http://pedalparts.co.uk/docs/Tails.pdf

and do you get any popping with the momentary switch for the temp on/off?

Re: Wampler Faux Analog Echo Delay

YerayM
I have the layout already done, click here for full size.

I suggest to build and verify the stock layout, when you get it working, it's a matter of adding a cut in the top row and the additional wiring.

I don't get any pop as the switching is done by the fet and not in the footswitch.

I would like to help more by I'm out of home till next week. If you are wondering how it sounds check my crappy demo https://youtu.be/1HFSGG0bgpY

Re: Wampler Faux Analog Echo Delay

strassercaster
wow i just did the main page madbean leviathon . Its a killer delay. Will that fet work with ohter citcuits for no pop?

Re: Wampler Faux Analog Echo Delay

Bobby Zincone
Thanks for the layout! I've found this today and already built it. I like it a lot; but it's buzzing a bit - is this a common issue? I looked into it, everything seems to be in place.

Anyways, it's not that bad, and the delay is great!