Wampler Paisley Drive (reworked-nothing new) 01/24/15 - Mid Contour Switch update

MAO

Wampler Paisley Drive (reworked-nothing new) 01/24/15 - Mid Contour Switch update

MAO
This post was updated on .
01/24/15 - Mid Contour Switch update:

I received my DPDT 0n/0n/0n switch today from BLMS and it turns out in the center position, with the toggle facing away, lugs 1&2 are connected and lugs 5&6 are connected. (I was expecting lugs 2&3 and lugs 4&5 to be connected)

I've updated the layout and gut shot accordingly.

Note, if you have built one of these and the Mid Contour center position is louder and harsher compared to the other 2 positions, chances are you'll need to check out the wiring to your on/on/on switch. In the center position, I believe all the Mid Contour switch wires should be connected to ground.

Nothing really new here, I just had a request for this pedal and reworked IvIark's original layout a bit.

I didn't have 511k resistors or a 51p capacitor so I added a 1k in series with 510k resistors and a 1pf in parallel with a 50p cap (I ended up using a 47p and 5p which actually measured out to 51p)

Probably not necessary, but I figured Brian must have picked those values for a reason, so why not?

Here's what else I did with the layout: (added 1 column, 4 links and 6 cuts)

Moved AC and Ground connections to the top of the board
Moved output to right side of board
Moved Tone, Volume and Switch connections together
Added a current limiting resistor for the LED
Made room to fit 8mm 220u capacitors

End result is everything fits well and the wiring is a bit shorter. (with switches mounted near top of enclosure)

Verified by me:

Reverse Image for the cuts:

Rough draft of switch and pot positions:

PCB: (blue on/on/on switch purchased from BLMS. Center position connects lugs 1&2 and 5&6)

Also, I didn't have a 25k Rev Log pot so I'm temporarily using a 50k Rev Log PCB-mount pot with a 51k resistor across lugs 1 & 3; using a small piece of vero.  This pic from "offboard" shows the general idea:

1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst
MAO

Mike
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: Wampler Paisley Drive (reworked-nothing new) 01/24/15 - Mid Contour Switch update

Nice job Mike, looks very cool