Wampler SLO

rousejeremy
How about it?

SLOWtortion.pdf

Re: Wampler SLO

rudeez
I would be interested in this one as well!
Were searching for schematics earlier but never found one, looks like you did anyhow :D

Re: Wampler SLO

rousejeremy
I found it over on FSB. The chances of it fitting into a 1590B are slim at best.

Re: Wampler SLO

It may get in a 1590B but it'll be tight, but I'll still do it.

Re: Wampler SLO

rudeez
here on the last page theres an updated schematic and pcb layout and in the last post brian seems be have been kind enough tobshare the missing values in the schematic.
http://www.freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=17748&hilit=slowtortion&start=100

Re: Wampler SLO

rudeez
any progress on this one? :)

Re: Wampler SLO

MrTondo
Wondering the same thing here actually only a year later :P. I cannot find one through google, so I thought I'd ask again here ;).
My heart can go where my head can't fit.

Re: Wampler SLO

perpetual-amateur
Whatever happened with this?

I know you just did another SLO amp emulation, but this has the sound of both channels... I'd love to pair this with a tiny giant in a custom steel micro-head box for a little ss based SLO/Jet City type practice amp.

BTW, thanks again for the incredible site, you have kicked off a new obsession for me.  Cheap clean fun and something to show for it at the end of the day.  Having a lot of fun building stuff for friends.

Re: Wampler SLO

johnk
I drew one up for it yesterday but it's HUGE!
I know that IvIark could make it a lot smaller.

Re: Wampler SLO

MrTondo
Thank you, that's a nice layout :). It's a pretty big circuit anyway and a 1590bb will fit it easily, so I am very glad to have this one, it will go on the list :).
My heart can go where my head can't fit.

Re: Wampler SLO

perpetual-amateur
Anyone built this?  I probably shouldn't be the first to attempt to verify it...  I'm kinda' a hack.

Re: Wampler SLO

crw414tele
This post was updated on .

I've just finished building this , it took a bit of problem solving but I'm fairly sure it right. There a several differences between the component layout and the cuts/links layout so make sure your links and cuts match the component ones.I've also uploaded JohnK's layout with the changes I made to make mine work, hopefully it might help anyone trying to build this . I'm no expert , so always double check against the schematic .
     The bass control to me doesn't seem to do a lot so either I've missed something or maybe I'll need to adjust cap values to better suit my setup. But less bass might suit those in drop tuning.
Good Luck

###Edit#### ignore the moved cut on the lower right between the 22k resistor and 1uf cap, original cut is correct  [ thanks to guidis ]

Re: Wampler SLO

giudis
This post was updated on .
Hi crw414tele,

which problems did you have with bass control?

also, in according with this schematic http://www.freestompboxes.org/download/file.php?id=21116&mode=view,  I think that the 22k resistor on the right and bottom (the R to Mid 2&3) should be linked to the 1uF on its left.....so the cut was correct, IMO; what do you think?

Re: Wampler SLO

crw414tele
Yes , I believe you are correct about the 22k resistor . It was late at night when I did that .....too many scotches. I'll fix mine and report back. My issue with the bass was that it didn't seem to have much effect , hopefully this may fix it.   thanks

Re: Wampler SLO

crw414tele
Okay.... I'm now wondering what else I did the night I built this , as it seems I had already fixed the 22k and 1uf cut error and I don't remember doing it . However I did find a cold solder joint which wasn't helping my mids control . I have updated my post to reflect this fix now.
  Comparing the bass to the triple wreck I built last week , my slostortion has less bass however it is a more cutting tone , so  better suited to lead playing IMHO

Re: Wampler SLO

giudis
This post was updated on .
 what bloody night!

Do you think we can increase bass only increasing some capacitor? the Triple Wreck has a 220n input cap...this has a 100n.....

anyway i'm confused about some things.... the first IC in the schematic is TL072P, in the layout TL071P.
In the schematic the IC pin 1 is connected to Q1 through 1uf and 10k, in the layout it seems different...could you label the transistors please? :D

Re: Wampler SLO

crw414tele
I've changed several caps including the input cap , without much effect . The bass control works its just more subtle than the mid or treble. As far as IC's go I'm no expert but i believe it is just how JohnK used the circuits within the IC so it doesn't matter in which order they are. The transistors are J201 , Q1 is the furthest left diagonally between the 2 IC , Q2 is next ,  to the right of the tl071 , Q3 has the 1k connected to S, Q4 is directly above and Q5 is the farthest right. good luck
ps , the triple wreck is a different circuit so I'm not sure its a fair comparison , I just used it for reference .

Re: Wampler SLO

giudis
Thank you so much, crw414tele! :D