Wanted - 1n276 + 2N3391A + 2N3391

PMowdes

Hi all

Anyone UK based have for sale (or trade)

4 x 1n276
2 x 2N3391A
3 x 2N3391

for a fender blender build.

Thanks on advance.

Phil

Re: Wanted - 1n276 + 2N3391A + 2N3391

You could use 1N34 or D9 diodes for the 1N276 if you have them - anything Ge really.

Use 2N2222a, or 2N3906/2N5088 turned 180 degrees for the 2N3391/2N3391a.

I don't have any of the specified parts, so can't help you out, but there are plenty of alternatives.

EDIT: Sorry, I meant 2N3904, not 2N3906!

Re: Wanted - 1n276 + 2N3391A + 2N3391

PMowdes
Beaker wrote
You could use 1N34 or D9 diodes for the 1N276 if you have them - anything Ge really.

Use 2N2222a, or 2N3906/2N5088 turned 180 degrees for the 2N3391/2N3391a.

I don't have any of the specified parts, so can't help you out, but there are plenty of alternatives.

Thanks Beaker

I have some D9's

And I think I might have some 2N2222's

Happy days

Re: Wanted - 1n276 + 2N3391A + 2N3391

Smallbear has the trannies for cheap but not the diodes. Not UK based, but always worth trying the original parts

http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/transistor-2n3391/?fullSite=1
http://smallbear-electronics.mybigcommerce.com/transistor-2n3391a/

I have some pals in Seattle, perhaps they will post me some.

Re: Wanted - 1n276 + 2N3391A + 2N3391

Smallbear has a lot of good parts. If you wanna take a look through their shop and let me know what you want I can send it over and label it as a gift or whatever for customs

Shipping for a couple transistors to my house is about $4, not sure how much from me to UK but it should only be a few bucks for a small envelope

Re: Wanted - 1n276 + 2N3391A + 2N3391

tabbycat
hey pm,

for reference re alternatives, i went 2n5088 (from bitsbox or china) and 1n270 (diodes not marked but am pretty sure).
sounds absolutely 1-1 with the yt clips of the original. did it not i would still be trying to get it right as it's an essential for old-school fucked up fuzz tones. hfe for the 2n5088 was around 450.

Re: Wanted - 1n276 + 2N3391A + 2N3391

PMowdes
Travis wrote
Smallbear has a lot of good parts. If you wanna take a look through their shop and let me know what you want I can send it over and label it as a gift or whatever for customs

Shipping for a couple transistors to my house is about $4, not sure how much from me to UK but it should only be a few bucks for a small envelope
Hey Travis

I totally missed this reply, that's a super kind offer, I may well take you up on once payday comes around again.

I'll drop you a PM if i get round to ordering anything.

Thanks again

Re: Wanted - 1n276 + 2N3391A + 2N3391

PMowdes
tabbycat wrote
hey pm,

for reference re alternatives, i went 2n5088 (from bitsbox or china) and 1n270 (diodes not marked but am pretty sure).
sounds absolutely 1-1 with the yt clips of the original. did it not i would still be trying to get it right as it's an essential for old-school fucked up fuzz tones. hfe for the 2n5088 was around 450.
Cheers Tabby

Haven't got any 2n5088's.  ended up with D9V's and some BC550's.  The hfe's were in the 600's, they are socketed so i'll have a good fiddle round once i get the pots wired up and get it connected to the old test box.