Wattson EFY-6 Layout Question

tracer03
Original Layout: Wattson Classic Electrons EFY6

If I wanted to have both Octave control connections on the left side of the board layout, all I would have to do would be to:
1. add another row at the bottom
2. extend the link directly below D3 to that row (one row lower)
3. cut the bottom track in column R (in line with D2).

Correct?

Just trying anything I can to neaten up my internal wiring. Thanks in advance!

Re: Wattson EFY-6 Layout Question

tracer03
Like so:

Re: Wattson EFY-6 Layout Question

You can do that. Personally I wouldn't waste the extra row though. Any specific reason you want both connections on the same side?

Re: Wattson EFY-6 Layout Question

tracer03
rocket88 wrote
You can do that. Personally I wouldn't waste the extra row though. Any specific reason you want both connections on the same side?
Just trying to improve my internal wiring. I thought if I could segregate the wire I would reduce the amount of spaghetti wiring when I box effects.

Re: Wattson EFY-6 Layout Question

Ah. A big tip I can give to help the robot vomit is to make a cardboard template for pot and switch placement. Then you can wire it all up without having to work in the enclosure and make you wires to the exact lengths you want.

OMG Why didn't I think of that before. Thanks!

Re: Wattson EFY-6 Layout Question

Re: Wattson EFY-6 Layout Question

BetterOffShred
Same