Way Huge Fat Sandwich

johnk
This post was updated on .
after having so much trouble with the Pork Loin (and IMO, it's still not right) I decided to build another Way Huge pedal, the Fat Sandwich. it's a redrawn version Harald Sabro's  layout but slightly changed by adding trimmers and combining jumpers for two of the controls.

Re: Way Huge Fat Sandwich

Nice job John

Re: Way Huge Fat Sandwich

Freppo
Nice John!
I see you have modified Sabro's layout.
I built his layout and it's a nice distortion.

But I agree that not all controls are needed outside the box.
Good call with the trimmers :)

The only thing that keeps me from boxing mine is that it's very noisy (hiss)..
Have you experienced any noise from your build?
I have the same problem with my Emma Reezafratziz (also CD4049...)

cheers
/ Fredrik
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: Way Huge Fat Sandwich

mirosol
Administrator
 Okay. Enough is enough John.

So you just copy Harald's layout 1:1, swap something for a trimmer and post it here with your signature.

Not. Cool.

I used to have high regard for you due to the fact that you sometimes helped people here and sometimes told us what was wrong in our work. Then came the issue with EQD Speaker Cranker. What you did with that one was inexcusable. Since you didn't have a decency to stay away after that, i just though - ok, let bygones  be bygones. But the thought of "your" layouts stuck to me. I believe you haven't drawn a single layout by yourself. You are just carbon copying other people's, sometimes even copyrighted, work and signing them as your own. Including mine and Mark's. This thing right here - copying Harald's layout and posting it here as your own - that's where i draw the line. Plus you haven't been helping anyone but yourself for ages. Needless to say, that high regard is gone. If you think you can gain feathers for your hat by just copying other people's work, you are definitely wrong.

Your behavior is something that i simply don't want to see, as it taints any integrity we, as DIY contributors, have. You can consider yourself as persona non grata on our blog and forum from now on. If you comment on any of my posts, i will delete those comments without a warning.

You are welcome back as soon as you develop a conscience and show even a slightest respect for other people's work.

I have nothing more to say to you. To be honest, i'm not even interested in what you might have to say for your defense. There is no defense for the disrespect you have shown for others.
+m
fyaelectronics.com

Re: Way Huge Fat Sandwich

johnk
This post was updated on .
jeez miro. don't get your panties in a bunch.

I have drawn up some of my own veros but it appears that you haven't noticed that.
yes, some of them are 'modified' layouts that others have posted, but just because I've 'signed' the layout after redrawing it in DIYLC doesn't mean that i'm trying to take credit for them.

BTW, I won't be posting anymore layouts or comments in this forum anymore.

Re: Way Huge Fat Sandwich

mirosol
A lot better. Still doesn't count for others.

Edit:
Maybe it's for the better.
fyaelectronics.com

Re: Way Huge Fat Sandwich

mirosol
Administrator
For anyone reading this thread - The original poster added the attribution to the layout after my outburst. This wasn't the first occasion, but we're hoping it was the the last.

All of you are welcome to mod our layouts as much as you want. Just don't claim the work as your own if that isn't the case.
+m
fyaelectronics.com

Re: Way Huge Fat Sandwich

glasspak73
The number of cuts count on here is off by one.i counted only 53 cuts instead of 54.hope this helps the next person.