Way Huge Swollen Pickle MKII

johnk
I was looking for a vero layout of the swollen pickle mkII but couldn't find one that worked properly ( all of them had errors, wrong values etc), so did quite a bit of research and experimentation and made a vero layout of my own. even though I use my pedals for bass, I found the 1uf coupling caps to yield TOO much low end (it sounded muddy) so I went with 100n's instead and it sounds great. I mounted the two internal pots (voice and clip) externally. anyway, here's a couple of pics of my final build:

Re: Way Huge Swollen Pickle MKII

Look really cool John, and a real coincidence, I did a layout a while ago for the Swollen Pickle using conventional transistors, but I didn't end up posting it because I thought everyone would want the IC version.  I think mine must have been the MKI though because it just ended up like a conventional muff.

thanks.
yeah, those quad array chips are not very common and I could've easily made it the MPQ3904 chip version but I wanted to able able to try different transistors in this one. that said, I did order some of the quad tranny chips and i'll probably make another vero for the stock pickle with it.

Re: Way Huge Swollen Pickle MKII

johnk
BTW, are you going to post a vero of it with the quad array chip?

Re: Way Huge Swollen Pickle MKII

Milkit
Ace graphics dude, how did you print in white, do you have the Brother label maker or something?
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it!

Re: Way Huge Swollen Pickle MKII

johnk
yep, that's what I use on 90% of my pedals.

Re: Way Huge Swollen Pickle MKII

lunchie
Which Brother Label Maker do you have? I thought that is a pretty good idea and then realized there were a bunch of different ones.

Re: Way Huge Swollen Pickle MKII

johnk
it's a PT-2100

Re: Way Huge Swollen Pickle MKII

johnk wrote
BTW, are you going to post a vero of it with the quad array chip?
Sorry I missed this John.  Yes I will if you want it. I started one for the MkI but didn't finish and did the transistor version instead.  Is it the MkII you want?

I'd like to see the mkII version dude!
It's better to have it & not need it, than to need it & not have it!

Re: Way Huge Swollen Pickle MKII

johnk
yep. that's the one.

Re: Way Huge Swollen Pickle MKII

toddvirgil
Hey John! Can you post the vero Layout for your MKII ?