What pedal do I have??

gtrbeach85
Hello to the forum, first time post here.

I bought this on Reverb, marketed as a used "OCD clone” but I’m not thoroughly convinced. It’s a 3 knob design, with toggle switch which seems to toggle between loud and louder.

Soundwise, it’s bold, super loud, even amp-like, it has tremendous boost capabilities. I almost wonder if it’s some sort of Klon hybrid wizardry. I also find it strange that a PCB was used, and it doesn’t resemble any OCD clone PCBs I’m seeing currently retailing online. Whoever built it, used a cool green and white swirled enclosure finish.

I'm hoping someone can shed some light on it, if I had better understanding of what the pedal is, I can use it in musical context easier, it's quite bold and brash, but I love how much power it has. Sounds really good in front of an ultra linear Silver Face Bassman.

Anyone recognize or have a guess??

unknown clone

Re: What pedal do I have??

Muadzin
Whenever I see goop I can't help but think what are they trying to hide?

Re: What pedal do I have??

gtrbeach85
I agree, did something not go right, did they mess up? If it's supposed to be an OCD, how can one tell at a glance without electronics knowledge. I do know the earlier versions I am seeing with gooped portions of their circuits.

Re: What pedal do I have??

Worst DC jack wiring of all time?

Re: What pedal do I have??

alltrax74
The only thing i can say is that these 2 poly caps (150 and 220n) don't match the layouts we have here for the OCD.
(IC should be a TL082 but they share the same pinout with the 4558 so that shouldn't make a big difference)