What's your favourite and least favourite part of building a pedal?

What's your favourite and least favourite part of building a pedal?

Geiri
For me, recently I really like spraying the enclosures but to be completely honest, my favourite is offboard wiring. Some or probably most people won't agree with me hah!

My least favourite? Links! I hate links, except when there are 2 of them or something but when the link count has surpassed 10, I just hate it
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: What's your favourite and least favourite part of building a pedal?

alex.s
Favourite parts are soldering the components to the board and, above all, trying the new effect out.

Least favourite are finishing the boxes (I use waterslide decals which are quite fiddly, requiring clear coating before and after having been applied to the enclosure and can get cracked/creased while drying) and offboard wiring.

Re: What's your favourite and least favourite part of building a pedal?

Vince
Best part is wiring it all into the box and seeing/hearing it (fingers crossed) work...

Worst part for me is wiring LED's.. I know they're simple as hell but I just hate doing them for some reason...

Re: What's your favourite and least favourite part of building a pedal?

Geiri
Oh yes of course trying them out is always the fun bit! .. The absolute least fun bit is when something isn't working!
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: What's your favourite and least favourite part of building a pedal?

dodido
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.

Re: What's your favourite and least favourite part of building a pedal?

piltdownman
For me, the best part is building then listening to my new pedal that was a pile of components a couple of hours previously. (unless it sounds like crap or I completely boned it somehow or other.)  The worst part is looking up from all this fun and noticing it's 2:30 AM and I have to be up at 6:00.  Which happens a lot.
Keith

Re: What's your favourite and least favourite part of building a pedal?

Tremster
I hate debugging!

Re: What's your favourite and least favourite part of building a pedal?

My favorite part is picking the components!  I have a fairly huge supply of miscellaneous components (I only ever have to buy semiconductors, for the most part) so I'm never sure about exactly what'll end up on a board, and I love it, lol. My least favorite part? Hmm... between debugging and lifting pads on perfboard.

--Silvie

Re: What's your favourite and least favourite part of building a pedal?

GoranP
piltdownman wrote
 The worst part is looking up from all this fun and noticing it's 2:30 AM and I have to be up at 6:00.  Which happens a lot.
+1000 on this one! LOL!!!