Where are you buying big enclosures?

helveticat
This post was updated on .
I'm considering tackling some of the bigger builds on this site but I feel like squeezing 8 knobs and 3 switches (or whatever) into a 1590BB is going to be a non-starter with my current skill levels.

I don't really mind about real estate so I'm thinking of going big.

Anyone have a lead on enclosures significantly bigger than a 1590BB that don't cost a fortune? I also don't mind what they're made of (polycarbonate vs aluminium vs whatever) as long as I don't need special kit to drill 'em.

[EDIT: Should have mentioned, I'm in the UK. Importing from China always seems fine, but anything coming from the US ends up with extra tax on top, so it's rarely worth it.]

Re: Where are you buying big enclosures?

Addy Bart
I like the JJ size enclosures from Das Musikding:

https://www.musikding.de/Box-Type-JJ

Re: Where are you buying big enclosures?

helveticat
Addy Bart wrote
I like the JJ size enclosures from Das Musikding:

https://www.musikding.de/Box-Type-JJ
That looks like a perfect size, cheers. Reasonable price too -- I might wait a bit and do a bulk order to save on postage.

Re: Where are you buying big enclosures?

PMowdes
Try Rapid online, they are UK based, do a full range of Hammond enclosure + a bunch of cheaper alternatives. And delivery is normally next day

Re: Where are you buying big enclosures?

helveticat
PMowdes wrote
Try Rapid online, they are UK based
Zoinks, what a great selection!

Re: Where are you buying big enclosures?

nocentelli
Spiratronics.com has some big enclosures for reasonable prices and cheapish UK shipping

Re: Where are you buying big enclosures?

Pavlos
I'm also in UK (Near to Grimsby) I've got my enclosures from the suppliers below, prices are pretty reasonable and delivery is usually only 3 or 4 days. Both have a decent variety of different sizes from the tiny utility boxes through to some of the bigger and longer ones so you should be able to find something that will do, otherwise just be brave with the 1590BB

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/timetravelaudio?_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2754

http://www.ebay.co.uk/usr/twohundred200?_trksid=p3984.m1436.l2754

Re: Where are you buying big enclosures?

Sensei Tim
Hammond 1590xx - bigger than a bb, and tall like a 1590N

1590dd extra wide, but same height as a bb

Re: Where are you buying big enclosures?

helveticat
Thanks folks -- more good leads to follow up here, much appreciated. I'm starting to feel more confident about that ADA flanger...