Where do you guys buy your solder?

dexxyy
As the title says, where do you guys buy your solder. I`ve almost come to the end of a huge 5kg reel of 60/40 I inherited from a mate so for the  first time in about 2 years I`m needing to stock up. I`ve had a quick look around ebay but it`s mostly 2, 3, 5 metre lengths or the odd 100g or 500g reels. I`d prefer to buy a bigger reel if possible, any ideas anyone?
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: Where do you guys buy your solder?

JaviCAP
Administrator
I use to buy mine in www.electronicaembajadores.com  (1kg roll) but I bet it would be of not much help for you :(

BR

Re: Where do you guys buy your solder?

Madferret
RS Components do 1KG rolls in 60/40 rosin core but they're around £45, I guess there's probably a better price out there but on the plus side they do do free delivery on orders over £25.  To be honest I'm not sure if it's a good price or not, I usually only buy in 100g/250g rolls  Anyway here's the link if you need it:

http://uk.rs-online.com/web/p/solders/0517895/

Re: Where do you guys buy your solder?

Madferret
On closer inspection that isn't rosin core, it's Halide Activated.  I think that means it's not really suited for electronics work as it looks to be a fairly aggressive flux.  Sorry.

Re: Where do you guys buy your solder?

dodido
CONTENTS DELETED
The author has deleted this message.