Whiny Pedal

beardy80
Hey Guys,
I just built up a SHO and I'm having a problem when using a power supply.
I get a whiny high pitched noise when using a power supply, it's absolutely fine when using the battery.
Any idea's as to what it might be? I think the power supply is ok, I've used it on other pedals.
Thanks in advance!

Re: Whiny Pedal

adstrum
Given that the pedal works fine on battery, it's reasonable to assume that there's nothing wrong with the pedal. The obvious culprit is the power supply. The fact that works fine with other pedals is no reason to eliminate it from suspicion. Is the PSU one of those light-weight switching units or a more solid transformer-based unit?

Re: Whiny Pedal

otalgiafx
From your description it sounds like a power supply ripple. Maybe try a power filtering cap from the dc jack  positive to ground (around 200uf) and see if the whine goes away.