Wiring Tutorial?

Lee Oswald
I'm tired of the insides of my pedals
looking like a rat's nest.

What tutorials do you folks recommend?

I've looked at the one on-site, and it didn't
really clarify it for me.
I didn't shoot anyone.

Re: Wiring Tutorial?

Consider using a daughterboard for your stomp switch like this:

https://oshpark.com/shared_projects/HbIVe0kT

It's amazing how much that can help in simplifying offboard wiring when the stomp is taken care of, there are pads for an LED so you can mount it directly to the board and not require the usual offboard wires, plus you can use it as a central point for ground with its 4 ground pads.

Re: Wiring Tutorial?

the first one that made me start to realize how to make my pedals neater was this

and from that video i came up with my one way to make things nice and neat. what i do that really helped me out was i'll wiring up what i can inside the enclosure before i try to attach my board, so my input & output jacks to the switch, and the LED to the switch. to wire up my pots and board switches i'll do that outside of the enclosure, by mirroring their layout when they are inside the enclosure. i solder the pot wire first bring it to where i want it cut it, then do the next lug until all three are reading, them solder that pot to the board, and move to the next one. i make sure there is enough slack so that the board can be lifted enough to make the final connections that need to be done inside the enclosure. once everything is done i use 3-4" wireties to grab the wires together neatly under the board so you can't see them, and done. hopefully that makes sense, if not i'll do a pic tutorial for my next pedal.

and to go with what mark said about the pcb for the switch, i just got 50 from stinger, i haven't used them yet, but i can tell you they look awesome, and should cut down my build time. since the offboard switch takes me so much time to do, i swear it takes me over an hour without the board.