Wiring the MXR Headphone amp, cab sim & a preamp

Wiring the MXR Headphone amp, cab sim & a preamp

Lovrom8
Hello!

As the title says, I would like to put together the MXR Headphone amp + a cab sim (let's ray, ROG Condor) + a preamp (maybe Dr. Boogie, since Mark's layout doesn't have that many rows, it should, hopefully, be okay to put it in the lower part of a 1590BB and the other two in the upper part)

Seeing how I would like to make sure that it all fits in the 1590BB, I'm planning not to use any switches. Also, I'm probably going to switch Volume pots on cab sim & amp for regular resistors.
According to mr. Travis's post about max vero sizes - http://guitar-fx-layouts.42897.x6.nabble.com/Maximum-vero-size-for-1590A-1590B-125B-1590BB-td26424.html#a26445 , it looks like it will fit (number wise), so I would like check how to actually wire it all together without those switches.

Now to the actual question(s): can I just connect output of the preamp directly together with next input of the cab sim and do same with the cab sim's output and amp's input?
As for the power wiring, can I use the usual from jack to first 9V row and then through the same hole to the second one and from the second to the third? And for the input/output grounds (1/4" and 3.5mm), they can be connected directly together, right?

I apologize for asking the question that has surely been asked a lot, but I would really like to make sure that I don't accidentaly short it out or sth. Also, please tell me if you have some suggestions regarding the actual choice of circuits/effects! :)
Thanks a lot!

Re: Wiring the MXR Headphone amp, cab sim & a preamp

ibanez48
I don't know much about the condor sim I have heard demo of it didn't sound that good. I have been researching cab sims for along time this is one of the best cab sims I have heard. I have only breadboarded it but sounded awesome.