Wiring up a dual color LED

Chris60601
Hey everyone

Was hoping that the Offboard might show. Anyways - can someone recommend a way to wire up a dual color LED for the layouts here please?

Not sure if this was covered or it it's even practical but seems like it might be a nice option to maybe include in the Offboard?

Cheers
Chris
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: Wiring up a dual color LED

AC_FX
What would you like it to do?

Re: Wiring up a dual color LED

Chris60601
Thanks AC_FX for asking!
Well - the way I understand that it could work, one color lets you know the device has power and the other color lets you know when you engage the circuit (I hope that's the correct way it works).

For example, Red when in bypass, Green when the circuit is engaged.

Cheers
Chris
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: Wiring up a dual color LED

Chris60601
This post was updated on .
Hmm - from what Im seeing, possibly one anode to lug 1, the common to ground and the other anode to lug 3?

Does this seem/sound correct?

Cheers
Chris

EDIT: Lugs 7 and 9 according to the image in the next post.
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: Wiring up a dual color LED

Chris60601
Ahh. Got it.

Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: Wiring up a dual color LED

Vince
I was going to try some dual LEDS a while ago and found this. Never got around to it though.

Re: Wiring up a dual color LED

Chris60601
Thanks Vince! Appreciate the feedback!

Cheers
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: Wiring up a dual color LED

dexxyy
Just remember to always check the spec, some bi-colour leds are cathode common, while others can be anode common.
If it wasn't for this website I would definitely have a life.

Re: Wiring up a dual color LED

Vince
No worries, I must of posted that at exactly the same time as you posted it...