Woolly Mammoth transistor values and funky pots

Woolly Mammoth transistor values and funky pots

shigensis
Hello!

First time builder here, working on the woolly mammoth kit from bitsbox, and this layout.
I've managed to get it working, sort of. Bypass works fine, the LED lights up when it's supposed to, but it sounds awful when it's engaged sort of weak and fizzy., The pots are acting a bit strange as well(pinch seems to act almost as a second volume for example, peaking at the 11 o'clock position.

I've measured the transistor voltages and they vary from the specs supplied by lvlark. Is it possible that I've damaged them when I soldered them in, and are these responsible for the problems I'm having:

I'm not very experienced with electronics, and I'm (admittedly) pretty terrible at soldering, but I've dilligently checked for solder bridges and cold joints throughout the build, and been very meticulous with the layout.

Re: Woolly Mammoth transistor values and funky pots

Marbles
Weak and fizzy always makes me think the transistors are soldered the wrong way around.

Any chance of a pic of the board?

Re: Woolly Mammoth transistor values and funky pots

shigensis
Certainly:

I did check the data sheet for it though.
To be honest, it sounds better today (through my amp) than yesterday (through my Vox amp phones) but the pinch and wool pots still feel a bit wonky. When I crank the pinch, notes tend to crack up and loose their sustain real quick, and the wool pot seems more like a second volume than a fuzz control really. Neither feel like they give you much control.