Woot! Saturday Surprise

Chris60601
I forgot all about this order. Arrived at a good time.
Behold ... 140 pots and some mini switches

Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: Woot! Saturday Surprise

Muadzin
*scratches head*

How does one forget such a mega order?

RE: Woot! Saturday Surprise

Chris60601
This post was updated on .
That's easy! Sometimes life happens and you get preoccupied with it. For example, the last 10 days were that way for me and the Mrs.
Our Rottie was diagnosed with lymphoma and underwent her first chemo treatment last week. So yeah, you tend to be absent minded about some things. It was a pleasant break from reality to see the order come in :)
Yeah, 220, 221. Whatever it takes.

Re: Woot! Saturday Surprise

ξεναγος νεκροπολης
nice man!

my story...???

i'm waitng for 4 orders from ebay and ali these days..100 j-fets, caps, dc jacks..and some other goodys....so one morning i saw the paper from the post office that i  have a package waiting...next morning i run to the post office ofcourse and...

f*&k....!!!!

it was from the tax office...

i had to pay 100euros...

i had to pay 100euros...
Hehe, I learned that lesson real quick with my first Tayda order. Far cheaper to split up big orders from outside the EU into multiple smaller ones, even if it means taking a hit in extra shipping, then incur the wrath of the tax man. Got to stay below the radar because customs and tax duties for importing into the EU above a certain amount are f***ing ridiculous!

Re: Woot! Saturday Surprise

Beaker
+1

Re: Woot! Saturday Surprise

motterpaul
Funny - I just recalled that you have to pay duty on items shipped from Europe to the US (you get a $200 exemption if you are hand carrying). But I am not sure how much the duty is... I don't think it is like the Eu 18% VAT (isn't that what it is, now?)

I have not yet ordered anything from EU but I plan on trying it soon.