Workhorse

Frank_NH
I just finished a new overdrive - Harald Sabro's Workhorse!

I don't usually post something like this unless it's good - and this is really good!  It's basically a modded Klon circuit, but it has two qualities I thought were lacking in the original Klon - (1) more gain and (2) better treble response.  I can get everything from subtle blues overdrive to high gain Marshally crunch.  It doesn't quite go into distortion territory but it gets close.  Anyhow, I highly recommend this for anyone who likes the Klon, Crunchbox and similar circuits.

BTW, I modded mine a little, using my Russian D9E germanium diodes for clipping (instead of 1N34As) and my favorite dual op amp, the LF353N, in place of the TL072s.

 I'll post the guts of my build in the "guts" thread...

Re: Workhorse

knight_yyz
is this a pale horse clone then?

Re: Workhorse

Frank_NH
I'm not familar with the "pale horse" clone - this is an original Klon mod by Harald.  Check it out at the link.

This one will be on my pedalboard for sure...