XLR direct out - part?

MAO

XLR direct out - part?

MAO
I have a buddy who would like to add an xlr direct out to a pedal. I found an active direct out circuit to build, but not sure which part to buy for the xlr connector.

I saw there were some active direct out posts a while back, hoping someone has already added a direct out to a pedal and can recommend a particular connector and supplier.

Mouser had a ton, but which one to buy?

http://www.mouser.com/Connectors/Audio-Video-Connectors/XLR-Connectors/_/N-778cz?P=1yzveh2Z1yzvpvd

1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: XLR direct out - part?

cylens
I am using these:

http://www.mouser.fr/ProductDetail/Neutrik/NC3MP/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMv0W4pxf2HiV0%252bKdhvD8lQR3Vzj8ZYcDhA%3d

I like them because you can fit them easily on the side of a 1590BB enclosure
MAO

Re: XLR direct out - part?

MAO
Thanks cylens, I will go with your suggestion.

Any tips to installing them? Drill bit size, mounting hardware etc? (sorry 1st time with this type connection)
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst

Re: XLR direct out - part?

cylens
I'm not home right now, so i'm not 100% sure but if I remember correctly, mounting hole is 22mm then, I use 2 M3 screws with countersunk heads and nuts to fix it.

Re: XLR direct out - part?

These are the ones I have used too. The width of the front plate is 22mm, the barrel is 19.5mm, so you need to drill a 20mm or 25/32" imperial hole.

For mounting, use 3mm countersunk bolts. Either drill and tap the holes in the enclosure, or you can use nuts on the inside. If you use nuts, you will need to mount it sideways, otherwise you can't get the nut done up nearest to the top face of the enclosure. If you drill and tap, you have the option of vertical mounting or sideways mounting.

MAO

Re: XLR direct out - part?

MAO
Excellent, thanks guys!
1978 Gibson Les Paul Standard, Cherry Sunburst