ZVex Woolly Mammoth foot switch/jack socket/DC power socket wiring?

ZVex Woolly Mammoth foot switch/jack socket/DC power socket wiring?

berniethebolt
Hi, I'm a beginner to building FX pedals. I've built the Woolly Mammoth according to the IVlark veroboard diagram. There are no shorts (from bad soldering etc) & all the components are correctly placed. I wasn't sure how to wire up the foot switch (the pictures aren't too clear), so I followed the diagram associated with the Bitsbox PCB version. I wasn't really surprised it didn't work. Can anyone direct me to some really clear & specific diagrams/pictures of how to wire up the foot switch etc. Thanks,

Re: ZVex Woolly Mammoth foot switch/jack socket/DC power socket wiring?

Bolsyo
Offboard in the top menu:
https://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/02/offboard-wiring.html

Personally I always test the circuit before wiring the switch. I use alligator clip test leads to connect input/output wires straight to the jacks, chain the grounds together. If the circuit has few pots/toggleswitches I use test leads to connect those and the power jack too for testing.

Re: ZVex Woolly Mammoth foot switch/jack socket/DC power socket wiring?

berniethebolt

Thank you for the diagrams, spot on. I should have found these myself (sorry, still learning the basics), but I did take your advice & test the mammoth. It works really well, with a great range of sounds. Now I feel confident to wrestle it into the box!

On 23/11/2020 00:47, Bolsyo [via Guitar FX Layouts] wrote:
Offboard in the top menu:
https://tagboardeffects.blogspot.com/2012/02/offboard-wiring.html

Personally I always test the circuit before wiring the switch. I use alligator clip test leads to connect input/output wires straight to the jacks, chain the grounds together. If the circuit has few pots/toggleswitches I use test leads to connect those and the power jack too for testing.

To unsubscribe from ZVex Woolly Mammoth foot switch/jack socket/DC power socket wiring?, click here.
NAML