Zombie Chorus

Geiri
Last one! There must be a way to make a more compact vero of this?

http://freestompboxes.org/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=4837

Cheers!
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Zombie Chorus

mirosol
Administrator
Sorry Geiri... Not touching this.... I do believe Mark won't take this either?
+m
fyaelectronics.com

Re: Zombie Chorus

Geiri
No worries! Any particular reason why?
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Zombie Chorus

The problem is mate that we're unlikely to ever make something more compact because of the way we both do layouts.  So I've stayed away from circuits where I have known my layout would end up bigger than something that is already available and so would be unlikely to be widely used.

This is a good example because I know for a fact there is no way I would get the layout smaller than the perf layout on Aron's site and the vero on FSB is an example of the sort of dimensions our vero would get up to.  If you look at the size of the PCB for the effect on the Pisotones site, you can see that the circuit can easily get in a 1590B if you use a PCB, and that is exactly what I would use if I was going to build it.

Some things I just don't think are suitable for vero, and even less suited to the way myself and Miro do vero's in avoiding standing resistors.

Re: Zombie Chorus

Geiri
Oh right, no worries! Thanks!
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Zombie Chorus

JaviCAP
Administrator
Hey, Geiri,

Sabro's got a nice one (not a lot of standing components) and acceptable dimensions, 24x16 holes, so perfectly doable in a 1590B. Is done with the Keen's mods schematics, so worth a try

BR

Re: Zombie Chorus

Geiri
Thanks, I found it and now I'm waiting for the 3007 to arrive. Cheers!
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Zombie Chorus

JaviCAP
Administrator
You won't regret, is a funny effect. Sounds incredibly good for so few components (37) + a SPDT switch and two pots.

Yes, there are 4 IC's, but as you can see, the board is not huge, and just have 4 standing resistors, can live with that! I've tried with TL072 and TL062. Defineteky, T062 sounds better, it seems that the effect was designed very dependent of this IC. Should try anyway with 4558s, why not?

BR

Re: Zombie Chorus

Stinger25
by better you mean less noise?
maybe you can try NE5532 as well

Re: Zombie Chorus

Yes the very low power ICs like the TL062 are often better for LFOs and can sometimes cure the ticking problems you get.  I should mention that to rudeez on the Heliotrope thread actually

Re: Zombie Chorus

JaviCAP
Yeah, on one hand, as you say, TL062 are without any doubt less noisy than their bigger couisins, and don't really know why, because the TL072 is supposed to be  low noise version of the TL082-72..

On the other hand, as Mark says, and being a LFO built with a non usual bias (no trim as you can see), just a voltage divider it seems logical that the IC voltage was carefully taken into account for this effect design by John Hollis.

With TL062, it sounds sweeter and more round and full. With TL072, while still sounds ok, sound is sharper and gets some tendency to distort, so you get a fraction of the depth knob sweep not very usable.

BR

Re: Zombie Chorus

Stinger25
ah i see,
I should try this circuit someday

Re: Zombie Chorus

JaviCAP
Well, pedal finished,

Geiri, I bet you'll like it. By no means sounds better than my beloved Clone Theory, but it's a real fun effect, and can somehow emulate the small clone quite well.

"Zombie sound" (both knobs maxed) is amusing. Will never be a great chorus, but you get  some insteresting sounds. If you like the Small Clone, surely you'll enjoy a lot this build.

Re: Zombie Chorus

Geiri
I'm still waiting for the MN3007 chips but once they get here, I'm gonna try it out!

Did you make that one? Looks sweet!
www.pedalprojects.com
www.facebook.com/pedalprojects

Re: Zombie Chorus

JaviCAP
Administrator
Where did you buy these ic's? I just have 4 left, so i need another load, about 20 or 30.

Yes, this is my build, Milkit's enclosures are great, I just use'en for my own builds, too cool and scarce to be sold :P

BR

Re: Zombie Chorus

Plig88
Hello from Greece ,, I build this from sabro and it works . When I have my amp on clean channel work perfect and the sound is amazing . But when I switch my amp on overdrive channel , I hear some background  noise . My amp is Marshall mg100 dfx. The strange is , my overdrive have 2 options . OD1 and OD2 . At the od1 I don’t have the noise problem only on od2 ,,,, I use tl072 and tl062 and I don’t see big difference ,, if I try some NE5532 I fixe the background noise ? Thank you