Zoom UF01 Ultrafuzz

nocentelli

Re: Zoom UF01 Ultrafuzz

Beaker
I've got one of these - picked it up for super cheap. In Fuzz Factory / Supersonic Fuzz Gun territory as it has an oscillator pot.

Goes from a reasonable Tube Screamer type overdrive, through fuzz and into medium distortion.

It doesn't excel at anything, but it's very versatile.

Definately worth adding in my opinion.

Re: Zoom UF01 Ultrafuzz

Alex
Would this schematic work (I've removed the FET switching)?
CN1 is Color. CN6 is Level.
Is CN7 Gate? What are the other pots?

Re: Zoom UF01 Ultrafuzz

Beaker
You have gain, level, gate, colour, resonance and tone.

Gate may be a voltage starve?, colour is the drive type i.e. overdrive through fuzz into distortion
and the resonance pot is the self oscillator.

I do not know which they refer to on the schematic though - not had a chance to study it yet.

Re: Zoom UF01 Ultrafuzz

nocentelli
Alex wrote
Would this schematic work (I've removed the FET switching)?
CN1 is Color. CN6 is Level.
Is CN7 Gate? What are the other pots?
Schematic looks like it should work

CN1 is color, using a dual-gang pot to do a gyrator cut+boost (frequency seems to be pretty low according to a calculator i used) tied to a treble roll off
CN2 is drive
CN4 is a big muff tone pot
CN5 is the gate (varies the Vref to the opamp between 1/2Vc and much lower)
CN6 is Level
CN7 is resonance, it is like a volume pot that adjusts how much pre-tonestack distorted signal is sent back into the input

... and I can't find CN3. Assume there isn't one.

I'd definitely breadboard it first to check it works.