adding PRB to Text Box

Tune Tone
Hey
So I build an True Bypass text box a while a go just to test out 'naked' circuts without boxes.
Now I want to add an audio Probe to it.
The tutorial of Text Box 2.0 is a bit different for me to take example of as I did my True Bypass switch a bit different.
 Can someone tell me where do I have to solder what in order to add a probe to my box ?

Re: adding PRB to Text Box

Ciaran Haslett
I posted a wiring diagram for my test box here.

As you can see...if you send the switch output jack wire (lug 8) to the bottom lug of a SPDT toggle, middle lug to the output jack, and top lug to a capacitor to probe...this allows you to determine what goes to the output jack, circuit under test OR the audio probe.

I added another jack socket for the probe...grounded the sleeve and ran the other side of the cap to the tip.  Then I replaced the banana plug with a mono jack plug on a spare multimeter probe.  You could still use banana sockets but I had loads of mono jacks and jack sockets.

In your case you can...

Drill a jack socket(or banana post) into the side for the probe and ground the sleeve
Add a SPDT toggle near the output socket
Clip the green wire to out
Send it to SPDT lug 3
SPDT lug 2 to Output jack tip
A non polar cap from SPDT lug 1 to Probe Jack tip

Re: adding PRB to Text Box

Tune Tone
thank you!
and if I want to have an LED indication when the Probe is on so of course I need a DPDT toggle switch right ?
just like in the Text Box tutorial here:

test box 2.0

Re: adding PRB to Text Box

Ciaran Haslett
That's right yeah.  Ground to middle lug and LED cathode to whichever side you put the probe on.