another one for bass players

johnk
I just drew up a vero for the MegaDen bass fuzz and built it up today so the vero for it is verified. it's a nice sounding fuzz for bass, and is especially cool since it has both a clean (dry) and fuzz (wet) level controls. the other two controls are 'fuzz' and 'harmonics'.

Re: another one for bass players

Yehudi
Could you please share your vero layout?
Thanks and cheers.

Re: another one for bass players

Freppo
This post was updated on .
Yes, please share! Thanks! :)

Btw, where do you buy that green vero?
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: another one for bass players

johnk
there are 4 schematics of it posted online so I decided to build the newest version (V2.1). just so you can 'see' the actual circuit, the schematic can be seen here:
http://www.freestompboxes.org/download/file.php?id=20847&sid=9e86276958f27cd6371274081adbf133&mode=view

and here's  my vero of it:

Thanks for the layout John! It's looking great!
check out my building blog at www.parasitstudio.se

Re: another one for bass players

johnk
Freppo wrote
Thanks for the layout John! It's looking great!

thanks!

mine's complete now:

Re: another one for bass players

kragg
This post was updated on .
Hi,
Thank you for the great layout.

I built it today, and i think i noticed a small mistake in the veroboard layout :
- On the "populated" layout, there is a cut on row A, column 13,
- On the "empty" layout, the cut is on column 12 : it should b at column 13 (else, it would be difficult to solder the horizontal 22K resistor.

It's indeed a nice sounding fuzz, with plenty output volume, a nice dry/wet blending section, and a nice, deep bass tone :)

If I wanted to tame the high further, which components should I try to tweak ?

Re: another one for bass players

Zanius
Changing C10 (47n cap) will alter the lpf cutoff frequency. Going for a smaller cap will give you more control of higher frequencies. Kinda hard to actually estimate the numbers with a variable resistor (harmonics pot) involved so you can socket it and experiment until you find what suits you best! I know I will!

Re: another one for bass players

kragg
Thank you, Zanius !

Re: another one for bass players

Zanius
Ohhh, this is getting boxed right away, wanna try it in a band setting. Thanx for the addition John!

Small correction, "Harmonics 3" on the layout should be "Harmonics 1".