any HBE UFO owners? need help repairing

alange5
A friend gave me an HBE UFO to fix.  It has a fried (burnt to a crisp) resistor on the board that I'm having trouble identifying.  If anyone has one, could you post a gut shot?  I found one online, but it's pretty low-res.  The damaged resistor sits in series with the 9v supply and a 1k resistor, which then goes to the LED on the octave switch.  I used another 1K for the time being and the pedal fired up.  It's doing a weird volume swell, and when the octave switch is engaged, it cuts out completely.  Any ideas?  Assuming the resistor tied to the 9v supply fried due to a power surge, what other parts should I check for failure?

Re: any HBE UFO owners? need help repairing

I'd probly try something lower like a 100R. Maybe use a 1/2W if you've got one

Re: any HBE UFO owners? need help repairing

alange5
it's apparently based on the Foxx one Machine.

Here's the Foxx schematic:
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_ftm_sc.pdf

here are recommended voltages from GGG:
http://www.generalguitargadgets.com/pdf/ggg_ftm_sc.pdf

My voltages change when the octave switch is engaged.  Here's what I have without and with the octave:

Q1 C: 1.83   Octave: C: 1.73
     B: .60                 B: .56
     E: .07                 E: .03

Q2 C: 4.1     Octave: C: 3.02
     B: 1.83               B: 1.73
     E: 1.27               E: 1.18

Q3 C: 5.24   Octave: C: 4.21
     B: 1.83               B: .38
     E: .014               E: 0

Q4 C: 4.95   Octave: C: 4.04
     B: .47                 B: .37
     E: .017               E: 0

Re: any HBE UFO owners? need help repairing

alange5
got it.  100r did it!  thanks!

Re: any HBE UFO owners? need help repairing

giudis
Hi alange5, have you got the schematic of the UFO? Thanks a lot! :)