any klon diodes for sale?

Re: any klon diodes for sale?

Sensei Tim
Travis wrote
The Davies clones are made of a more brittle plastic with a more dull, scratched appearance. Indicator lines and edges are sloppy.

The Marshall style knobs have deeper concentric grooves on the metal cap than the real thing. Just looks cheap in comparison. Same with the Boss style knobs. Plastic looks cheaper than the real deal in both cases.
I find the same thing with the davies knobs, especially the 1900H and 1510s. Mostly with the indicator lines looking like they're faded.  The marshall style knobs were sloppy - rough drilled etches where the set screw is and some glue that overflowed when the metal cap was attached.

That being said, if only a small handfull out of every 100 are so bar that they're not usable, it think it's still better than paying 1.5-2x more per knob.

Are there any other sources for food quality, low cost knobs besides smallbear and mammoth (in north america, at least)?

I try to order my bare hammond enclosures from mouser when i make a parts order. it helps bring my cost closer to the threshold for free overnight shipping :)

Re: any klon diodes for sale?

Are you talking about the real Davies or "clones"? I haven't had issues with Davies. Personally I haven't seen a Davies clone that's as nice as the original.

With the Marshall clones, I just don't like the look of the metal cap even if there isn't glue overflowing. The real ones (usually Cliff brand) are nicer, and I'm ok with spending a couple extra dollars to get the best parts.

There's really no way to get the original nice parts at the same cost as the Chinese copies. You can get lower prices by buying larger quantities, but you will still pay more vs buying clones. I like mouser and smallbear, absolutely will not recommend mammoth to anybody.

For me, I would rather spend 3x as much for the nice original part, because 3x $.75 is still cheap when you break down the cost per pedal. If you factor the cost per pedal into your final price, you won't be losing any money and you will have a better quality product. That's the way I see it.

Re: any klon diodes for sale?

Sensei Tim

Re: any klon diodes for sale?

You may want to look into buying direct from Davies. I didn't realize the 1900H in particular was so spendy, but I also feel that the 1900H clones at Tayda are particularly low quality :0
12