bearfoot dyna red distortion

Re: bearfoot dyna red distortion

Frank_NH
Well, no distortion is perfect, and everyone has different tastes.  I know my own tastes have evolved after building about 40 some odd overdrives, distortions, and amp sims.

One area to experiment with here is with the clipping diodes.  Put two sockets where D1 and D2 are now and try 1N4148, 1N4001, etc.  A lower forward voltage diode will increasing the distortion versus the LEDs (and lower the output a little).   Also try different diodes for asymmetric clipping (e.g. 1N4148 for D1 and a 1N4001 for D2).
12